Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I consider myself pretty fearless in the kitchen (and in several other rooms of the house, but that's another post for another time), and while I recognize that not everyone even wants to make their own croissants or pizza dough or ice cream, I think a lot of people think cooking is a lot more complicated than it is - maybe they had parents who cooked elaborate French meals, or maybe they had parents who didn't cook at all...

Or maybe they've seen the infomercial for this product -


Apparently, cracking eggs is so difficult and complicated, it requires an apparatus... wait, what?

It's a chicken egg, the shell is not made of titanium.

The phrase "walking on egg shells" means to conduct yourself gingerly in a situation - because eggshells are fragile.

If you really and truly believe that the only way for you to open an eggs is to spend $19.95 (plus shipping and handling) for this contraption, well... maybe you should just stick to the McDonald's dollar menu because... really.

Labels:

3 comment(s):

  • My boyfriend and I have been on the hunt at the grocery for grapefruit sorbet. Having come up short for months now, we've finally decided to make our own. I'm excited!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 1:42 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Amanda, at 1:42 PM  

  • I.Want.An.EZ Cracker.

    Because it's an easy cracker. and that makes me giggle. but I won't pay 19.95 plus shipping for one.


    By Blogger Ginamonster, at 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home