Tuesday, July 20, 2010

If you know me at all, you know I can be a bit pedantic about grammar and language and such*. So it should be no surprise that earlier today when I was in a craft store, I had to whip out my camera when I saw this product:


this is one of my biggest pet peeves - no, not nose-less stick figures with grape-like hands, art is subjective - I'm more bothered by the text. I can forgive the lack of comma after "Mom", but why the fuck can't people grasp the difference between "your" and "you're"?

your is a possessive adjective - it describes a noun - ex: "The person who proofreads YOUR packaging should be fired."

you're is a contraction of "you" and "are" - ex: "YOU'RE contributing to the dumbing down of America."



And - remember how I posted a picture of my dirty and bloody knee the other day? Here's what it looks like today. I'm kind of bummed I couldn't bring out the color of the bruise on the side, it's faint, but painful. In case you were wondering, walking is SUPER uncomfortable.





*if you're one of my BFFs, you take great joy in driving me completely batty by using words like "prolly" and "irregardless" on purpose.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home