Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Have you ever had one of those days where one tiny detail of the day just changes your whole perspective?

I mean, it's crazy how one tiny little thing can happen and make you question every aspect of your life, make you just say "wtf am I doing?", make you realize that you really have to change your life.

Today, I'm doing my prep work for dinner, chopping veggies, boiling potatoes, turning on the oven for bacon and I reach into the meat drawer in the refrigerator for the ziploc baggie of bacon.

As I'm thinking that I can't remember the last time we had bacon, I pull out the lump of pork and realize that something seems... off. I unfold the delicious streaked meat and, to my horror, find a furry little colony of mold.

Mold. On bacon.

That means that fatty handful of salty, porky deliciousness was allowed to sit in my refrigerator for long enough to sprout mold.

When did I become someone who lets bacon sit, uneaten, long enough to mold?

Sometimes it's like I don't even know myself at all.

Labels: , ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home