Saturday, July 14, 2012

And now for something completely different

Person On The Radio: hey, does anyone ever wonder what ever happened to Sisqo?*

The Kid: Who is Sisqo?

Me: Some singer from a million years ago, his claim to fame was the "Thong Song"

The Kid: the what?

Me: "Thong Song", the chorus was something like "let me see that thong tha thong thong thong"

The Kid: No.

Me: No what?

The Kid: No, that song does not exist, you're making that up

Me: I understand that several years ago, I had you convinced that you had been purchased at a garage sale, but there is no way I could make up the "Thong Song". It was actually pretty popular at the time.

The Kid: No.

Me: Google it, babycakes.

Cue about a minute of him consulting YouTube on his smartphone, then looking at me with a mortified look on his face.

The Kid: But... why?

Me: Exactly





*obviously, we were listening to a radio station selected by The Kid

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • I want to steal your brilliant child/teen rearing technique, so I googled the song and one of the paid ads was for bestbuycatheters. Not sure if you'll appreciate the former or the latter more, but both are awesome.

    By Blogger Jamie Willa, at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home