Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Cologne-intoxication

so, there is something about cologne. only when it's good. it's so...something. i can't explain it. but, when i smell cologne on a guy...whether he walks by or stands near me...or scowls at me as i perform some faux pas.... i fall into a weird cologne-drunkness.

7 comment(s):

  • oh yes, yes, yes! this is me as well! all of my brain functions stop. like i'll be in mid sentence when the smell of tantalizing cologne walks by and for a good minute or so i take in the wonderful smell, noticing nothing else. ie: acqua di gio, joop, and HUGO! Mmmmm!

    though if they get their cologne from Demeter and choose the whiskey tobacco...yikes!


    By Blogger nique, at 12:18 PM  

  • seriously, me too! Even if it's a guy who I don't like - him wearing a good cologne can almost make me like him

    my favorite would be Crush... I think that's it, it smells like fabric softener, mmmm, fabric softener...

    but I have an embarassing admission - every time I smell drakkar, I'm 15 again, I just want to put on a Poison t-shirt and make out with some guy

    and the cologne intoxication can work in reverse - many many moons ago, there was this waiter about who I was nuts - completely crazy about the guy - until once I went to his house and he was wearing Old Spice - my dad has worn Old Spice since the dawn of time - I could no longer date this boy, it was too weird


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 12:45 PM  

  • It gives this monkey a headache!
    Loved your post about Gay Aiken - I am not a fan either - but my wife is - I sometimes blog about that punk.
    I like your style and your writing - I even love the name of your blog! Keep up the great work and nice to meet you.


    By Blogger Monkey, at 12:50 PM  

  • i have to admit, though...my boss, while i am not attracted to him in ANY way...and he is a hundred years old...often wears this cologne...that makes me wish his sons were attractive... er... and wore the same cologne...

    what was i talking about again?


    By Blogger Jootastic, at 12:51 PM  

  • too much cologne - too much cologne is more than one spritz of it before you leave the house - unless, of course we're talking about drakkar, patchouli or old spice (unless you're my dad)in which case *any* amount it soo much.

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 1:15 PM  

  • the absolute worst is when it is so strong you can taste it!
    word of advice: guys at the gym...don't put on cologne before you work out, wear deodorant, that is sufficient (AND necessary!)


    By Blogger nique, at 1:39 PM  

  • I dunno. The whole concept of cologne seems so... "Hey, don't be fooled by my appearance! I'm secretly attractive!" to me.

    By Blogger Agent 31, at 1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home