Friday, April 01, 2005

I'm in the mood to make lists today - which is weird, because I'm a naturally disorganized person - here is a list of the lists that I've made this morning thus far:

  • Things I'd like to make for dinners this week (yeah, I make menus, what of it? I'm a busy career woman, it eliminates the whole "what do you want to eat?" "I dunno, what do we have?" thing) - this list includes: steaks, thai green curry, mexican lasagne, chicken with spicy asian slaw, and maybe carbonara
  • Songs I'm going to put on my next compilation cd (every few months, if I'm in a weird place, I'll document it with a mix cd - then whenever I listen to the cd, it conjures up all my feelings from around then, it's a musical snapshot of my life at that moment - I have a whole bunch of cds with nothing but a date scribbled on them and two songs into it, I can tell you exactly what was going on for me then - it's like a blog, but the dirty little secrets are better hidden)
  • Things other than working that I'd rather be doing right now (the top five are probably illegal in some states)
  • Tattoos and or piercings I'm considering when I go to Chicago with my girls next month (YAY - NEXT MONTH!!!!!)
  • Ways that MSN sucks with their stupid messenger service not working today - FUCKING MICROSOFT
  • Things that I can do on my lunch hour
  • Pros and cons of going to my brother's wedding in Georgia in October (big pro: getting to see my adorable sister. big con: having to spend time with my psychotic mother - meh)

1 comment(s):

  • Oh, hell. I was going to recommend this thing called the weekly Meal Planner we have/had in our local newspaper. It's been a while since I checked it out, but it is SO AWESOME! And, now I can't find it. The gist, though, is that they give you recipes for the entire week, healthy recipes, with a wide variety of diff. kinds of food from all food groups. Best of all they'll take the ingredients from one day's menu or leftovers and use it as the basis of another day's menu. Less work! Happier cooks! No, best of all, they give you the entire shopping list you can take to the store with you, crossing off things if you already have them.

    Have you ever heard of such a thing? Because, frankly, I want to use the planner thingy again, and I can't find anything similar on the WWW, either. Damn.

    Spitting in a Wishing Well


    By Blogger Maverick, at 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home