Wednesday, March 29, 2006

They're playing our song...

On my way to work today, I was listening to an old mix cd I'd made and almost every song on there reminded me of someone - I realized that I have "our song"s for almost every friend I have - it may not be a song that is lyrically significant to "us", it may not even be a song that we ever listened to together, in fact, it may not even be a song you've ever heard before, but if I know you or we're friends or we've hung out, we have a song.

For instance: "Sucked Out" by Superdrag will ALWAYS remind me of my sister and the one day we were driving home from the Northgate Mall in Seattle in my convertible with the top down (of the car, not of us) and screaming out the song.

or

"Complicated" by Avril Lavigne (shut up) will always remind me of my friend, Kent, in Arizona because he drove with me to like 3 different stores one lunch hour to find that cd (shut up)

or

"I Remember You" by Skid Row (shut up) will always remind me of Sam, a boy I adored in high school who broke my heart into a billion pieces when he decided that he liked my friend, Tiffany, instead and I called the local heavy metal radio station and requested that song about 4 million times (shut up and shut up)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

and in other news, my official roller chick name has been officially registered on the official registry of roller chick names. See if you can find it. Hints: It's an obscure shoutout to an 80s cartoon, it's pretty much the coolest name on there and Andi came up with it (not that that information will help you find it, I just wanted it noted that she's way more creative than I am). Extra points if you can name the cartoon.

1 comment(s):

  • lol. jem, yeah? i was gonna call myself stormer, but that can hardly be considered creative...

    (and how lame is it that i can't help commenting on posts you made over two years ago...it's like, if it pops into my head, it has to come out my mouth...dammit.)


    By Blogger ficklevillain, at 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home