Wednesday, August 30, 2006

scattered after-practice thoughts

1) I bought a new deodorant the other day - I must have spent five full minutes in the deodorant aisle of Tar-jay sniffing deodorants in an effort to find the perfect scent (Why? I have no idea, the number of people with their noses buried in my pits hovers between zero and negative three). Usually, I go for something that smells like soap or fabric softener (so I can smell clean even when I'm not) but Secret had a bunch of new scents out and those threw quite the monkey wrench into the selection process. One of their scents was vanilla, which I usually go for, I like vanilla anything, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to smell like I was carrying around sugar cookies under my arms. Then I noticed a new pear scent. What a random scent - who thought "mmmm, I love the way pears smell, if only I could carry that smell around under my arms all day"? It wasn't really a pear-y smell, but it was kind of pleasant, so I got it. Today was my first day of wearing it and I decided that it didn't smell like pears, but it smelled like Christmas. It's not pine-y or fruitcake-y, but the smell reminds me of the holidays. I can't decide if I like that or not.

2) My kid's school is closed tomorrow because of the threat of a tropical storm. That's a new one for me. I guess I have to keep him home canning vegetables and putting together a generator.

3) My league finally got t-shirts. I'd take a picture of just how great my boobs look in my new one (because they do) but there's that whole broken camera thing that vexes me so. Want a Savannah Derby Devil t-shirt? They're black and very cool with this logo on them. We're not selling them on the website yet, but I can hook you up for a mere $19 (including shipping and handling to anywhere in the continental US - I'd give them for free, but, come on, we're a new league, Nike isn't sponsoring us yet) email me (I'll even accept Paypal)

4) I mentioned to a pal the other day that, since joining Le Derby, I've become much less self-conscious and this became obvious to me this evening when we standing around after practice, ooohing and aaahing over the new t-shirts when I whipped off my shirt right in the middle of the parking lot to try on a shirt. I'll pretty much stand around anywhere with my shirt off because sportsbra uniboob is HOT.

I think that's it.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home