Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So, at thirty-(mumble), I'm one of the oldest girls on our league. It's not really that big of a deal, except that they rarely get my pop culture references* and it makes me feel old when someone doesn't know who Jem and the Holograms or Rainbow Brite are.

Today, when I was at the grocery store in the middle of the day, I realized that being unemployed rocks because I was the youngest person in there by at least 112 years.

One thing about being in the grocery store with the Life Alert crowd, though, is that they cashiers have NO sense of humor whatsoever during that time frame. Like if they ask you "How would you like your groceries packed?" and you respond "Vey carefully", they will glare at you and sneer "Excuse me?" To which you will respond "You know, carefully, like don't put the giant jug of Gatorade** on top of the hamburger buns" You will receive another glare and then "Paper or plastic?"



* they're a big portion of my personality

** speaking of Gatorade, I must express my love for the Mango flavored Gatorade, it's my new favorite drink - yet another reason to be grateful to roller derby, if not for derby making me an "athlete", I would never have discovered this delicious beverage. The only other time I've felt this way about a sports drink was when Gatorade put out their Iced Tea - which tasted nothing like Iced Tea, but was yummy nonetheless.

1 comment(s):

  • Penny!?!?! I found you! Woop woop!

    I am a big fan of the gatorade endurance, it rocks. Green only, ov course. Green gatorade is the only gatorade;)


    Chris
    My Blog


    By Blogger Chris, at 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home