Friday, September 08, 2006

I've been out of work for... I don't know, I'm not going to look at a calendar because it would just depress me, let's just call it a long time, and I'm sick of it. I'm bored with daytime tv, I'm bored with seeing commercials for technical colleges and accident lawyers, I'm bored with being ignored by the snooty stay-at-home-moms at my kid's school, even though I see them EVERY SINGLE MORNING AND AFTERNOON, I'm bored with being so bored that I talk to my cat all day*, so I've decided to take action.

I decided today to do one thing that is pretty much guaranteed to get potential employers calling me immediately - I dyed my hair candy apple red**, sure it's a temporary color that's supposed to wash out in a week or so, but for right now, I've got the haircolor that would make it mostly impossible for me to get a job, so, of course, I'll start getting calls for interviews any minute now.

It's the same principle as washing your car to make it rain and wearing white jeans to start your period.

I hope this works, because my next course of action is to pierce my septum.



*not a euphamism, you perverts

** not really all my hair, just the underneath, which has been blonde recently - the top is still dark brown

2 comment(s):

  • Damn....I must be slipping. I didn't think anything other than you were really talking to your cat. I had better be careful or I'll get kicked out of the "Beavis and Butthead Club".

    It sucks about the snotty moms. People that think they are better than others, usually arent.

    Chris
    My Blog


    By Blogger Chris, at 6:36 AM  

  • When I applied for a job on a cruise ship, I didn't hear anything back for months after my initial interview. I assumed I wasn't going to be hired. So, I went out to a music festival, camped there all weekend and smoked a whole lot of illegal stuff.

    Of course, two days later I got a job offer that came with an immediate drug test.

    Of course.


    By Blogger icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo, at 7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home