Thursday, December 13, 2007

Snark the Herald Angels Sing

The other night, my kid's school had their annual Christmas Holiday program, so the families of 80 children all jammed into a small chapel* to sit on wobbly folding chairs and listen to 32,000 versions of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" by the beginning violinists and then every holiday song you've ever heard sung by all of the students.

I left wondering a couple of things -

1) Why do all music teachers look the same - a little ditzy, a little mousy, and still of the mindset that it's okay to wear scrunchies, even though it's not 1991

2) Why was Peter Brady there?

3) What the hell is up with this kid's hair? It's a hardcore, unapologetic mullet - on purpose - not like one of those accidental mullets that my kid will, on occasion, get if we don't keep up with his hair (which, like, every other part of him, grows like crazy)

And I was at the local aquarium the other day and happened to be looking at one of the Christmas trees they had, which was decorated with ornaments that were obviously made by kids - most were what you'd expect, but there were a few that I had to take pictures of -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

and the best -

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I mean, come on, y'all, if alligators and seahorses can get along, can't we all?


* no, I'm not forcing my kid to go to a church school - he goes to a public (read: free) montessori that happens to be located at a Catholic church

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home