Thursday, June 26, 2008

Prepare for me to rock your world.

Did you know figs actually exist outside of this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They do!!!!

Apparently, they begin life like this:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Are you shocked? I was.

At the farm, there is a fig tree and they are ripe right now. So I grabbed as many as I could carry in my t-shirt and brought them home with me. And then I made homemade Fig Newtons...

Yep, a tree full of ripe, beautiful, organically grown fruit and the best I can come up with is a homemade version of cookies that I've never particularly liked.

Labels:

4 comment(s):

  • You are correct. This did rock my world. I ADORE fig newtons. You might be the perfect woman.

    By Blogger Betsy Yates, at 8:49 AM  

  • My parents were always obsessed w/ ripe figs. They used to come home w/ paper bags filled with them, picked off of someone's tree.

    I don't like fig newton's, but I gave fresh figs a chance, and...

    I don't like figs, either.


    By Blogger adena, at 4:00 PM  

  • oh wow YES! but that's just because i love figs...newtons and fresh off of a tree too! i used to sit in my neihbors yard all day and eat their figs and cherries off their trees.

    By Blogger inconspicuous attack toad, at 12:32 AM  

  • I looove fresh figs! If they are ripe enough they taste incredibly sweet. They always remind me of summer! Sorry, I already knew that so you didn't exactly rock my socks off.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home