Tuesday, July 22, 2008

so... apparently there's this hurricane-type thing headed towards this area.

And, whatever, I mean, it's barely a category 1 and there's been no call for an evacuation or anything, so I'm not freaking out, you know?

But apparently many other people within this dumb old city are freaking out,which means that if I'm nearly out of milk (which I am) and I decide to go to the grocery store to get some more (which I will need to do tomorrow) I'm going to have to fight with all of these freak ass people who are going to be buying enough water, sterno and beef jerky to survive the next 400 years.

Normally, you'd think that I could just slide through one of those 20-items-or-less self-service lanes, right? Just get my milk and maybe some tortillas and possibly some yogurt and zip out of there, right? Yeah, except that I'm apparently the only person in this entire county who can grasp the concept of those, everyone else has to be walked through the transaction by a store employee who is equally dumb. Damn, how hard is it? Scan your frickin can of cat food, stick it in a bag. Scan your frickin can of cat food, stick it in a bag. And so on and so forth until you're done, then slide your card, take your receipt and leave. Not quite rocket science.

Long story short - I'm going to be spending half of my day in the grocery store tomorrow because I forgot to buy milk yesterday.


When we were talking about possibly evacuating, my kid was upset and I told him to think about it like a spontaneous vacation... to some crappy Texas city we've never wanted to visit.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home