Sunday, April 19, 2009

Here's why I'm dangerous in the kitchen

Today, I'm making a bastardized version of cookies from this ridiculously good recipe that my BFF sent me. The recipe calls for some sour cream and the sour cream container that I scavenged from the back of my refrigerator was almost empty.

A normal person would have either:

a) just used less sour cream

b) used a different recipe

or

c) googled to find a substitution

Do you think I did any of those three?

Of course not.

I swung open the refrigerator to see what else I had.

Vanilla yogurt? It's white, it's a dairy product. Maybe, but then that wastes a whole thing of yogurt for a few tablespoons.

Mayonnaise? It's white and possibly a dairy product. And even though I think I remember seeing a recipe for cake that was made with it... Ew.

Milk? It's white and dairy, but... I don't see that it would add much to the recipe.

Cool Whip? It's white and creamy, kind of like sour cream, even though it's not dairy and is sweet as opposed to... sour... Yep, Cool Whip it is.

As it turns out, cookies made with Cool Whip and one less egg than the recipe called for (because we were out of them) are pretty good. Who knew?

Labels:

1 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home