Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sometimes I am an awesome parent

Sure, I've got nearly eleven years of spectacularly fail-tastic parenting to my credit, but sometimes one brief, shining moment can make up for all lots of that.

Like today when my kid is going to the Staples Center to see his very first NBA game (Clippers vs. the 76ers). Using my unmatched Google-ninja skills, I found some email address where season ticket holders can request the opportunity to go down on the court before the game and get autographs from the players.

But you're not season ticket holders for the Clippers, you're thinking.

I know, I know, but I was thinking that since it's New Year's Eve, there may be a pretty small crowd so maybe they'd bend the rules a smidge (also... it's the Clippers, the perennial underdogs of the NBA, you'd think they'd be grateful for every fan they've got).

So I emailed and asked.

And they said no.

So I asked if there was any way they could curve the rules just this one time because it's my kid's first game and he looooooves basketball so much and it would mean EVERYTHING. But, I said, I'll understand if you can't do it (you have to say that to anyone you ask to break their rules, it makes them like you more).

So, approximately half an hour from now, my kid will be on the actual hardwood of the Staples Center meeting actual NBA players. And I get an evening of pajamas, chick movies (and/or a Burn Notice marathon) and junk food.

This is what we call a win-win situation.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home