Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh... dreaaaaamweaver

so, when I first started taking my crazy pills, one or two of them warned of "vivid nightmares" - I didn't get any nightmares, but I had vividly boring dreams - dreams of stuff like IMing with people or doing the dishes.

As of the last week or so, I've cut back on the cray cray meds* because I thought maybe I'd experiment with what it was like to have emotions again** and not have to remember to take anything other than a vitamin every once in a while.

In that week, I've been having the freakiest dreams, but last night was the freakiest - first, I was being chased through a series of seedy motels and government offices in LA by some serial killer guy. Then, I was walking down some road in a forest and there were bears, lots of them. Then I was hanging out with Pau Gasol in a school.

I finally decided that maybe I'm trying to tell myself something, so I turned to the internet a noted expert in dream interpretation for a little guidance -


Killer - To see a killer in your dream, suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off (me? Nooooooooo). You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something.

Motel - To see or live in a motel in your dream, represents your potential to achieve your goals. You are going through a transitional phase. (um, really? living in a motel represents my potential to achieve my goals? Sure, if my goals include a meth habit and making my living off of $5 blow jobs. This is a motel we're talking about, not a suite at the Four Seasons)

bears - To see a bear in your dream, symbolizes independence, the cycle of life, death and renewal. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking. The dream may also be a pun on "bare". Perhaps you need to bare your soul and let everything out into the open. (introspection? soul baring? great, looks like I either need to develop a drinking problem or break out the Ambien again and send out some emails, since we know how spectacular I am at sharing my feelings...)

Pau Gasol - oddly enough, there is no interpretation for hanging out with 7' tall basketball playing Spaniards. wtf is that about?

School - to dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about your performance and abilities.  


So... basically, my dreams are telling me that I'm an emotionally closed off mess with a veritable pantload of issues. Thanks for the newsflash, I had NO idea.
 


* and the sleep meds, in spite of my torrid infatuation with zolpidem

** that experiment is going swimmingly, I've apparently got access to the whole spectrum of human emotion - who knew?

Labels: , ,

1 comment(s):

  • Yeah...life gets easier to do some stuff...but harder to be normal.

    By Blogger Jooli H., at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home