Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Animal Rescue Lady -

Sunday morning, when I asked your organization for help with the tiny baby kitties because I didn't feel I was experienced enough to take care of babies that young, you totally blew me off by telling me to take them to animal services.

"They're kittens, they'll probably get adopted."

When I wasn't jumping for joy over that response, you grudgingly told me that if I hadn't dropped them off at the pound by Wednesday, I should call you and you would see if your organization could help me.

You don't get to call me today and cop some attitude because I was fortunate enough to find a woman with a nursing mother cat who could take the babies on Sunday*.


So when you asked me "Exactly what is she going to do with them?"

It was extremely difficult for me not to tell you that she was going to fatten them up and roast them for the Fourth of July.

I get that animal rescue is often a thankless and emotionally draining undertaking, but maybe, just maybe, you could refrain from being a total dick to people who ask for a bit of help.

Consider it, k?

Thanks a heap,

me




*the issue wasn't me wanting to get rid of them - who wouldn't want more kitten time? The issue was me wanting to do what was best for the babies - obviously someone skilled with babies and a mother cat could take care of them better than I could.

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

  • i would've done it. and laughed later.

    By Blogger Randy, at 4:45 PM  

  • reason #9,000,000 why I'm a better person than you are.

    Even if you look hotter in your userpic than I do.


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home