Friday, June 11, 2010

Today was the first official day of summer - at least with regards to school - and The Kid decided he wanted to go to the zoo.

The closest one is in Santa Barbara which happens to be one of my favorite cities within a hundred miles of here, so I figured we'd make a day of it.

First stop was the Mission - which is supposed to be the Queen of California missions, so I thought it would be cool, or at least interesting. The Kid felt otherwise.

"Can we go?" he asks after about two minutes. "This place is nothing but old ladies cackling and gay Europeans."

We walk by a couple of guys sitting on a bench speaking Dutch (maybe?).

"See?" he says when we get past them.

"European I'll give you, but I don't think they were gay, the guy in the black shirt kind of checked me out."

"Whatever, he was probably checking me out."

~~~~~~~~

And the zoo was nice as usual, and we took a walk on the pier and ate ice cream for lunch (handmade waffle cones and rocky road FTW!) and it was a lovely day.

Also, this guy? There again (there still?) and sculpting THE SAME EFFING THING. Guess who didn't get a handful of change and candy this time? Sorry, you don't get to act like the angsty, tortured artist if you're showing up and jumping through the SAME EFFING HOOPS for tourist dollars every day.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home