Thursday, June 03, 2010

flattery will get you... something

Why, yes, Mormon Avocado Farmer's Wife, beginning an email to me with "You should wear red more you look like snow white, you are gorgeous!" is totally the way to be my new best friend!

Especially when I actually look like crap, with a sunburnt nose, scroungy ponytail and a red wife beater sans bra (I wasn't expecting visitors - yes, this is what I look like at home, k?)

Labels:

6 comment(s):

  • I really like your blogs. You have that great "okayness" with who you are. If I lived in CA (which, damn it, I should) I would find you and watch you hold a bee and listen to you tell your kid straight up things. An anonymous admirer of your funny human spirit in the face of real life. Jennifer

    By Blogger ztoamom, at 9:15 AM  

  • And, for real, I am laughing that I say that under the "flattery" headline, which I had totally forgotten. HA!

    By Blogger ztoamom, at 9:15 AM  

  • i really appreciate your fractured take on modern life.

    By Blogger Randy, at 10:41 AM  

  • ztoamom - thanks, if you ever get out to this side of the country, we'll totally hold bugs together.

    scott - you said that yesterday, I'll need some fresh material, thankyouverymuch


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 10:43 AM  

  • i figured you liked it so much i could run with it for awhile.

    By Blogger Randy, at 10:48 AM  

  • yeah, except I'm a girl, so I remember everything - duh

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home