Thursday, November 18, 2010

Dear Phone-Using Vehicle Drivers in California,

California’s cell phone law prohibits drivers 18 years and older from using a handheld wireless telephone while operating a motor vehicle unless the driver uses a hands-free device. Drivers under 18 are prohibited from using both handheld cell phones and hands-free devices. The law went into effect in 2008.

A couple notes to add here - 
1) If you have your phone on speaker or are using a hands-free device, but are holding the phone or hands-free device up to your face - IT DOESN'T COUNT.

2) While I kind of understand the thought behind slamming on your brakes in the middle of a street or parking lot to take a call - IT DOESN'T COUNT (it's also as annoying and confusing as fuck to the drivers behind you)

3) If you choose to ignore the law by taking calls or texting while driving, I will choose to flip you off andor assign you as colorful a nickname as I can come up with off the top of my head. Especially if I'm behind you at a red light and you're too busy chatting to go when the light turns green. Or if you're swerving all over, especially into my lane.

Admittedly, I'm not a big phone-talker or texter, but I have a hard time seeing what the fuck is that important.

Please remove your head from your butt and acknowledge that you're not more important than everyone else.

xxoo,

me

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home