Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why I'll never be a food blogger or a real restaurant chef

The requested dessert for Thanksgiving is "chocolate pie" - which is kind of ambiguous, as requests go, since there are only about 75 million kinds of chocolate pie, so this afternoon, I decided to make one.

Instead of googling like a normal person, I decided to just see what I had in the cupboards.

graham cracker crust - good start for a pie
chocolate chips - okay
eggs - sure
evaporated milk - why not?
flour? - I guess so

I melted down the chips, mixed in some evaporate milk - less than half the can, I suppose, tossed in 3 eggs (because that's how many were left in the carton), sprinkled in some flour (no idea how much) and a splash of vanilla. It seemed a smidge watery, so I put in some more flour (again, no idea how much). I considered throwing in some sugar, but I was planning on topping it with either whipped cream or powdered sugar, so I didn't want it to be too sweet.

I scraped it into the crust, tossed it into the oven at 350 and cooked it until I could smell it and it wasn't jiggly in the middle.

That's not a recipe, that's playing duck-duck-goose with ingredients. And even if it's the best thing ever, I'll never be able to replicate it

Labels:

2 comment(s):

  • OK, so did your experiment work?

    By Blogger Sue Z Q, at 9:53 AM  

  • I probably could have cooked it for about five minutes less, but, yeah, it turned out all rich and yummy

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home