Saturday, February 05, 2011

Sometimes it's comforting to see other people make shitty parenting decisions

Like my Mormon friend who, after a basketball game and before driving The Kid, some other kid and her kid out to her house way the hell out in the middle of nowhere, stopped at the small grocery store down the street, handed the kids a hundred dollar bill and told them to get whatever snacks they wanted.

Really? Giving a trio of 12-year-olds carte blanche on snack food?? Especially a trio of 12-year-olds who are going to be at your house for a few hours?

(not surprisingly, they came out of the store loaded with enough caffeine and high fructose corn syrup to power the Wonka factory for about a month)

Labels:

3 comment(s):

  • Sadly, when I saw your photo, I really, really wanted bags of Halloween candy. Desperately. Almost to the point of committing Shitty Parenting myself and leaving my sleeping children alone in their beds and driving to the nearest 24-hour convenience store for Snickers. But I... won't... do it. :-)

    By Blogger Steph, at 11:02 PM  

  • Wow, if my mom had ever handed me $100 for whatever I wanted at 12, I probably would have just stood there and looked at her like she'd gone crazy. Maybe even called my dad and considered shipping her off to the asylum.

    By Blogger Mugdha, at 12:08 PM  

  • Thanks for the early morning reminder that I have candy in my desk. ;-)

    By Blogger Amanda, at 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home