Thursday, January 27, 2011

so... unexpected side effect of losing my dad?

Losing my kitchen mojo (which I totally got from him).

I used to be able to whip up a delicious meal out of nowhere, regardless of what was in the refrigerator.

Now, I've got a refrigerator full of food, the usual stuff I always get, and I couldn't put together an edible meal to save my life. Tonight? I made baked spaghetti and, for some reason, I thought it would be a good idea to mix store-bought sauce with cream of chicken soup and toss in some chopped green peppers and carrots. It was terrible, like something out of a school cafeteria.



Since my dad died, I've only cooked one thing that wasn't totally gross, and that was the croissants I made IN MY DAD'S KITCHEN.

I'm either going to need to move in with my stepmom and do all my cooking there, or get the family used to microwaved stuff. And, perhaps, consider investing in a fire extinguisher, just in case.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home