Tuesday, January 11, 2011

so I really appreciate all the sympathy and support (and an offer of a trip to the airport, hello, if that isn't friendship, I don't know what is) I've gotten in the past couple days - it really means a lot.

Thanks to the Effexor, I've been able to function and I'm handling the situation as I handle every situation, with a mixture of quiet introspection and defensive sarcasm - for me, grief is like shopping for a bathing suit - it's necessary, but somewhere between devastating and horrendous and absolutely something for which I don't want an audience.

I'm going to Florida tomorrow to help my stepmom out with... whatever people do in this kind of situation.

Of course, in typical middle child fashion, I'm trying to take care of everyone in the situation - I've stocked the house up in toilet paper, paper towels and food, as though the husband and child would be unable to find a grocery store and offered to write out all the pet care stuff, as though they don't live with the animals every day - making sure even the littlest details are taken care of, makes me feel like I'm being useful.

1 comment(s):

  • I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. He sounds like an incredible guy, and I know you'll honor his memory forever. Take care of yourself right now, and don't do anything that would make your Dad's spirit angry so he decides to mess with you by being all poltergeist-y. :-)
    {{Hugs!!}}


    By Blogger Lisa, at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home