Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Can you hear me now?

So, the dude is out of state on a job interview* and, being the super duper nice person I am, I made the ultimate sacrifice of loaning him my precious iPod Touch (loaded with a bunch of super duper fun games, music and books) for the trip.

He calls me during his layover to ask how to turn it off.

me: There's a button on the top

him: on the side?

me: on the top

him: on the bottom?

me: on the top

him: there's no button on the top, do you mean on the side?

me: On. The. Top.

him: underneath? 

me (staring at my phone): ...

him: there's no button on the top.

me: ...

I mean, it's a fucking iPod, not fifty acres of land, there's not that much space to cover. Of course, this is the same guy who practically needs a road map when I tell him the new bottle of ketchup is in the door of the refrigerator. No, I don't know which damn shelf, it's in the door of the refrigerator, you're not having to excavate an Egyptian tomb...

him: The one on the front?

me: ... 

him: ...

me: it's... on the top

him: ...

me: okay, if you're holding it on your hand, like you're playing skee-ball on it, there are two sides, and a top and a bottom...


him: ... oh, okay, I found it

me (looking around for the hidden cameras): ...


(it could be noted that I personally didn't know where that button was until a week ago when The Kid showed me... but that was just a simple "there's the button", "oh, okay, thanks", not some entire Laurel and Hardy spisode... he also had to help me beat a couple levels of Angry Birds, but that's neither here nor there)

*not that we don't love love love this place, but defense cuts don't make for a whole lot of job security

Labels:

1 comment(s):

  • hahaha, I cracked up at the "first world problems" tag. But no worries. I recently had to explain to my mom that she could touch scroll on her laptop instead of using the mouse to click the up and down arrows.

    By Blogger Mugdha, at 11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home