Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sometimes you just never know.

The other night, my Siamese cat jumps up onto the part of the kitchen counter that's open to the living room, shivers a couple of times and lets out a rainbow of barf right across the Kid's backpack.

"See?" says the dude. "That's why I tell you not to leave your stuff on the floor."

The Kid stops looking grossed out and looks confused. "Because the cat might some day projectile vomit on it?"

"Exactly."

~~~~~

And today I found out why it's important to always clean up the dinner pans right away - because you might be washing a pan from the previous night's chicken piccata and and a dried up piece of angelhair pasta will jam its way deep under your thumbnail and make you drop the pan and yell "MOTHERFUCKER" right by the open kitchen window.

Labels: ,

2 comment(s):

  • Haha, my parents used to tell me to clear my stuff off the dining table or food might splash from the stove (a good 20 feet away) onto it, haha.

    By Blogger Mugdha, at 3:31 PM  

  • I think I just chortled as I read this. It was definitely a LOL of some kind, but more than that. Great imagery here. In both stories.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home