Saturday, September 10, 2011

I am a conscientious objector to all the  9/11 celebramemberence stuff for the same reasons I think Valentine's Day is stupid -

1) 99% of the decorations are gratuitous and tacky

and

2) it shouldn't be a one specific day thing - it should be something that's acknowledged or remembered every day in your own way

And if feeling that makes me a jerk, well... it's certainly not the first thing to make me a jerk and I can pretty much guarantee it won't be the last.

5 comment(s):

  • Well said!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 6:22 AM  

  • Thank you!

    By Blogger Giggly, at 7:54 AM  

  • I was thinking this as I clean out my RSS feeds this morning. Seems like a chance for people to talk about themselves: "on 9/11 I was..."

    By Blogger Betsy Yates, at 5:34 AM  

  • I was thinking the same thing!!!! And then I was thinking "no one gives a shit/is paying attention to your story because they're waiting to tell their own story... which isn't going to be interesting unless they happened to be a firefighter in NYC, in which case, your story seems pretty dumb"

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 7:22 AM  

  • You are not alone and not the only blogger who posted such an opinion. You should take a look at Joe the Peacock's 9/11 blog. I love his closing statements.

    http://blog.joethepeacock.com/2011/09/am-i-only-one-who-is-disgusted-by-911.html


    By Blogger Cyndvu, at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home