Thursday, December 09, 2004

Is lunch with a married man wrong?

Because I just sent an email back to a married man with whom I've been shamelessly flirting for almost a year saying that I would go to lunch with him on Monday.

Here's how I figure this is okay:

He works as a director for a hospital, and so, I could be making a valuable contact for my future work as a counselor.

He's a friendly person. It would be nice to chat with him.

He's an older man.

He's married.

He sounds hot.

I'm 25.

I'm not a whore.

I'm not a home-wrecker.

Lunch is innocent.

Okay...I just intermingled the reasons for and against (no, it's not a comprehensive list...)...see if you can pick out which column they fit in.


7 comment(s):

  • I'd say you're in the clear. Speaking as a married man, I get hungry and eat meals with hundreds of people every year, but I only expect to sleep with the one I'm married to.

    Unless, of course, he's one of THOSE guys... in which case, you might want to make sure you're wearing pretty underwear.


    By Blogger Agent 31, at 9:50 AM  

  • No joke -- he just suggested we meet at the "Pumphouse." It just doesn't get any worse than this folks.

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 10:27 AM  

  • I am most troubled that there is a restaurant in seattle called the pumphouse... at least I hope it's a restaurant... please tell me it's a restaurant and not some kind of bondage/s&m/vinyl covered hump shack

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 10:51 AM  

  • Lunch is innocent. If HE'S not, then it's your job to bitch slap him back to last Thursday.

    By Blogger asyl076, at 11:08 AM  

  • So, it might just be that he's trying to get me to work with him. That could be a really good opportunity. I think he recognizes that my strengths are being under-utilized here... no sexual connotation at all. Which is good, cuz I'm not that type of girl...

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 11:37 AM  

  • thank you, citygurl! this is exactly why I've been trying to get her to not daydream about this man - because what if he doesn't look like George Clooney?

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 12:07 PM  

  • I know, I know...he's probably not good looking...and that's not the point anyway... he's married...and i'm not ready for that kind of moral-crisis... I think I shouldn't post stuff like this anymore...I'm gonna keep it cleaner... I feel...erm...I'm not sure.

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home