Tuesday, January 25, 2005

What I'm like in bed

HA - that got your attention, didn't it?

Supposedly, the position in which you fall asleep tells a lot about a person's personality -

The six most common sleep positions are:

The Fetus: People who curl up in the fetal position are described as tough on the outside but sensitive at heart. They may be shy when they first meet somebody, but soon relax. (This is the most common sleeping position, adopted by as many as 41% of people. )

Log : Lying on your side with both arms down by your side. These sleepers are easy going, social people who like being part of the in-crowd, and who are trusting of strangers. However, they may be gullible. (these are the people who reply to that Nigerian email scam) (15%)

The yearner: People who sleep on their side with both arms out in front are said to have an open nature, but can be suspicious, cynical. They are slow to make up their minds, but once they have taken a decision, they are unlikely ever to change it. (13%)

Soldier : Lying on your back with both arms pinned to your sides. People who sleep in this position are generally quiet and reserved (and total serial killers). They don't like a fuss, but set themselves and others high standards. (8%)

Freefall (this is me!): Lying on your front with your hands around the pillow, and your head turned to one side. Often gregarious and brash people, but can be nervy and thin-skinned underneath, and don't like criticism, or extreme situations (so, what are you saying? That my sleep position is wrong? Oh yeah? Well your sleep position is wrong... and you're a stupidhead). (7%)

Starfish: Lying on your back with both arms up around the pillow. These sleepers make good friends because they are always ready to listen to others, and offer help when needed. They generally don't like to be the center of attention. (5%)

The other 11% of people in the study were too stupid to know how they slept and were put to sleep immediately after the study was completed.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This lame, scientific and completely boring post was brought to you by my splitting headache and the number 4

6 comment(s):

  • And I'm Free, Free Fallin'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 AM  

  • Lately...I'm the seventh category (all of the above)... but normally I'm a free faller. I even got a Posturepedic pillow for tummy sleepers....I am in love with it.

    By Blogger Jootastic, at 8:23 AM  

  • i'm freefall too. i like sleeping on my back too and in the fetus position while my loving boyfriend spoons me (which he rarely does because "my shoulder hurts and my arm falls asleep") to which i could care less because love hurts! Suck it up. ; ) haha

    By Blogger nique, at 8:49 AM  

  • ck i know what you mean, i sleep like that too! wow i'm all over the sleeping spectrum. must mean i'm a complicated person with like 7 plus personalities!

    By Blogger nique, at 10:19 AM  

  • I think the fact that I sleep in both Fetal and Yearning positions indicates that I may need therapy. (Tough on the outside but sensitive on the inside v. open nature?)

    By Blogger Tara, at 11:44 AM  

  • And here is the funny thing:
    When I was younger (I'm thinking the house near Carls Jr.), you used to tell me that sleeping on my stomach would stop my boobs from growing. Maybe I should have listened to you...


    By Blogger Jootastic, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home