Monday, January 24, 2005

Monday Morning Meme

  1. I don’t need a man to open the door for me
  2. But I really appreciate it when he does
  3. Seriously, manners raise anyone’s stock in my book
  4. Good manners, that is
  5. I’m scared to death of swimming in the ocean, or any water that isn’t crystal clear
  6. Totally worried about being eaten by sharks
  7. Saw “Jaws” too many times, I guess
  8. I snorkled with sting rays in the Cayman Islands
  9. I totally freaked out when one touched my leg
  10. My hair is naturally wavy
  11. I prefer it when it’s straightened
  12. I prefer Downtown Vegas to the Strip
  13. I don’t like football
  14. Probably because I don’t understand it
  15. I’m going to a Superbowl party at the house of a guy who laid me off 2 years ago
  16. He’s inexcuseably rich and throws great parties
  17. If anyone wants to go with, let me know
  18. I like rainy weather
  19. I prefer tulips or lilies to roses
  20. I think I’m getting sick
  21. I’m all feverish and achy
  22. Because of that, I refuse to be held responsible for anything I say/write right now
  23. I tried to be a smoker, but was too lazy to keep up the habit
  24. I’m a polite driver
  25. I always use my turn signals
  26. I’ve had my ears, my nose, my nipple, my bellybutton and my tongue pierced
  27. Not all at once
  28. Currently I have my tongue and ears pierced
  29. I’m considering getting rid of the tongue ring
  30. I think I might be too old for it
  31. But I really like it
  32. I decide within 5 minutes whether or not I like someone
  33. I occasionally have truth binges, wherein I tell everyone I know EXACTLY how I feel about him or her
  34. I’m snacking on dried cranberries
  35. They’re not very good
  36. I like to wear tall shoes
  37. My tallest shoes are platform sandals that are 6 inches at the heel
  38. I’m about 6’4” when I wear them
  39. I don’t wear them often because I was born with a grace deficiency
  40. I’m told I look good in red and teal
  41. Not red and teal together
  42. I have a heart shaped freckle somewhere
  43. I love cover songs
  44. I prefer Macs to PCs
  45. I love avocados
  46. Can you tell I’m grasping for stuff to say?
  47. Because I totally am
  48. I wanted to make it to 50, but now I’m not sure
  49. One more to go
  50. I like the word “meh”

7 comment(s):

  • Ah, the tongue piercing. I miss mine sometimes, but when it got infected and swollen- Jesus H. Christ, that hurt like a mofo. I was beginning to wonder how old is too old to have a navel piercing- I've had mine 2 years now and still really like it.

    Did having your nipple pierced hurt a lot? I've been thinking about doing that since I often get whims where I either have to pierce something or cut all my hair off.


    By Blogger Samantha, at 8:27 AM  

  • Princess - having my nipple pierced hurt like a mofo (plus there was the whole weirdness of some weird guy fondling my boob without even buying me a drink or telling me I'm cute first) - plus it was always infected (you know, because I don't - usually - go around topless) and while it earned me a free drink or two, I'm not the flashing type, so I didn't get much mileage out of it for the pain it caused me

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:55 AM  

  • Hey Cate (or anyone else)....as an earnest and possibly ignorant male, what is/was the appeal of "getting" the nipple piercing anyhow? I've never quite got that. Personally, I like nipples just the way they are.

    By Blogger Saucy Monk, at 9:14 AM  

  • Monk - I'm not quite sure what my motivation was for it - supposedly it would heighten the sensation - but, I'd never had a sensation issue before... it was sort of an impulse - probably not something I'd do again

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 9:18 AM  

  • cate, do NOT get rid of your tongue ring! i had mine 3 years and miss it very much! you are never too old, if you like it, keep it. if you aren't speaking w/ a horrible lisp, keep it! if you can chew your food and not chip a tooth b/c of it, keep it! ; )

    By Blogger nique, at 11:02 AM  

  • Don't get rid of the tongue ring. You're never too old.

    I had my nipple done years ago and I still kep it. Sometimes I think I'm too old for it but I look young and I like when people that meet me and think I'm all conservative and stuffy find out I have it and freak out over it.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:26 AM  

  • Cate. Lose the ring, i say. Since i'm in my 30's, I understand the age factor, and at some point you realize, it's no longer that effective. Bottom line: if YOU don't dig it no more, lose it. Who cares what anyone thinks about it. Shock loses its novelty quick. Me, i feel the same way about my '80's cowlick. Someday ima gonna have to conform, dagnabbit!

    By Blogger Saucy Monk, at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home