Tuesday, December 20, 2005

it's December 20th and there is only one Christmas song left that won't make me fly into a homocidal rage

And no, it's not anything by Clay Aiken or Mariah Carey.

It's Brenda Lee, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"* & ** because every time I hear it, especially now when I'm just wishing Christmas were over, the line "Later we'll have some punkin pie and we'll do some carolling" ALWAYS sounds like "Later we'll have some fuckin' pie and we'll do some carolling..."


*I'd link it so you could listen to it, but 1) I don't feel like it and 2) I don't know how - but mostly it's that I don't feel like it, mmmkay?

** And I still kind of like "The Christmas Song" by the Waitresses

1 comment(s):

  • I'd have to say that the Waitresses Christmas song is amongst my favorites. Along with The Chimney Song from Twisted Tunes (Bob Rivers) :)

    By Blogger Shannon akaMonty, at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home