Tuesday, April 25, 2006

So - one of the caveats of working at a small business is that no matter what your job is, your job description is constantly changing - today I got the "we all wear a lot of hats" talk from Doctorboss. Which is fine, I'm an adaptable person, practically a chameleon, but let's just take a look at the hats I've had placed on my head thus far in my less than a week and a half at this new job -

receptionist
commuter to two different offices
lunch getter
office furniture researcher
trash emptier
wait-for-an-electrician-for-3-hours-by-yourself-in-an-empty-office-on-a-Friday-afternoon-er
wall spackler
painting quote getter
laundry folder
bathroom cleaner
stereo antenna mover

and today, I find out that on Friday, I'm going to be painting the office - possibly by myself or possibly with one of the therapist assistants. Which could possibly explain the fact that I'm the second result in the search for "I have heard of your painting" - but no matter what you've heard, painting offices is not usually part of my schtick.


Oh, and if you're getting the idea that I'm not completely and totally thrilled with my new job, you're correct - and that's all I have to say about that.

On a completely different subject - guess who got interviewed by the newspaper about derby... no, really, guess... yep, it was me - but surprisingly enough, it wasn't about what a fabulous skater I am - it was about all the different walks of life from which the skaters hail, I had the "I'm-a-mom-and-wife-and-I-bake-cookies" angle, whereas, most of the other girls are on the extreme other end of the domesticity scale. So... that was a part of the day that didn't suck.

1 comment(s):

  • How can you not be thrilled with this new job. They're allowing you to spread your wings and show all of your diverse skills.

    Next thing you know they'll re-write your job description...call it an apprentice program...and cut your wages by 30%.


    By Blogger mikster, at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home