Monday, July 10, 2006

and..... scene

my boss (as soon as I arrived to work today): "I need to speak to you for a moment"

me (thinking): fucking A, that's exactly how my shitty day before vacation started
me: "Sure!"

my boss: "How was your vacation?"

me: "It was really pretty there!"

my boss: "Good. This may come as a shock to you... (dramatic pause)... but I just don't think it's working out."

me: (cheerfully, as though a weight had been lifted off of me): "Okay!"

my now ex-boss: "blah, blah, blah... this has been really hard for me... blah, blah, blah... don't feel that you will be happy here... blah, blah, blah... really difficult decision..."

me: "No problem."

my now ex-boss (tears in her eyes) : "You're taking this well, you're being so gracious about it..."

me: "I don't think a tantrum would help anyone."

my now ex-boss: "blah, blah, blah... this has been really hard for me... blah, blah, blah... pay you through the end of the week... blah, blah, blah... really sorry..."

me: "Okay, well, I'll see you later"

my now ex-boss (crying) : "blah, blah, blah... thank you for being so gracious and nice.... blah blah blah... really sorry..."

me (thinking): Uh, you just FIRED me, don't try to make me feel sorry for you, mmmkay?
me: Here's your office key, see you later."

1 comment(s):

  • being fired sucks. What do you say? Flip out? I have been fired a few times. I even was told one time by "Little Hitler" to finish out my shift. She was obviously high because why would I stay for the rest of the day when you fired me at the beginning of it?

    By Blogger Some Random Girl, at 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home