Monday, March 22, 2010You know what's cool about spending half a day weeding the front yard?
- making the front of the house look better (duh)
- soaking in the buttery California sunshine of a gorgeous Spring day
- finding one of the trees to be packed with ladybugs and their creepily cute larvae
- feeling a sense of accomplishment and having a trashcan full of evidence that I do more than
surf internet pornwatch CSI all day
You know what's not cool about spending half a day weeding the front yard?
- apparently being allergic to something in the yard and getting a case of the itchies
- sandy dirt in my eyes, down my shirt and between my toes
- reaching for a weed and getting a handful of snail - ew
- flirting with the cute Bulgarian boy next door in an unsuccessful attempt to talk him into detailing my car when he was done detailing his boss's (my landlord's)*
*WTF stupid language barrier making him immune to my charms?**
** or maybe it had something to do with me being sweaty and caked in dirt