Thursday, October 14, 2010

In the spirit of Halloween

Allow me to show you the most terrifying place in the universe:

Doesn't look so bad, does it? Just looks like some green backyard at any house anywhere, right? Yeah, until you take a closer look at what is lurking in that innocuous looking bush and tree:






and - I saved the best for last - this is the largest non-fake, non-zoo-living spider I've ever seen - seriously, the belly part is bigger than my thumbnail

Click any of these shots to see them even horrifyingly larger.

So, yes, my backyard is officially the spidery-est place ever - these are just the ones who are large enough to be spotted from a distance and non-move-y enough to be photographed before I squeal and run away. And, while I greatly prefer spiders outside to spiders inside, my bedroom is right next to that yellow-flowered bush and these things are just too close to where I sleep at night.

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home