Saturday, May 07, 2011

if you need me, I'll be on the porch picking my banjo and drinking moonshine out of a jar

Earlier this week, I needed to go to the grocery store to get whatever I get there, I got dressed, put on a little makeup, made my hair look slightly less ratty than it does when I wake up, grabbed my keys and purse and headed out.

I locked the door behind me, walked out to my car, went to start the car then realized that I wasn't wearing shoes.

Yep, got all the way out to my car before realizing that I was barefoot. Granted, it's springtime in California, so the weather is all Goldilocks*, but still!

And then today, we were getting ready to take the dog for a walk - halfway through me putting on my spiffy new shape-up shoes**, we decided to take him to the dog park instead - so I finish putting on the shoes, leash up the dog, grab my keys and halfway to the park, I realize - I'm braless. Of course I don't keep this fact to myself***

me: It's like we're from Alabama!
him: correction, it's like you're from Alabama.






*not too hot, not too cold

** which, in addition to being all kinds of ugly, are spectacularly uncomfortable

*** not that it wouldn't have been obvious sooner or later - I am occasionally jealous of small-boobed people who don't have to strap them down all the time

Labels: ,

1 comment(s):

  • I went to work in my slippers once, by accident! It was glorious. Although I ended up staying in for lunch b/c I didn't have the balls to go out in public like that. Sitting in my cube, in slippers, is one thing-- but parading through a deli or restaurant is quite another.

    I love that you didn't keep the fact that you were braless to yourself. I picture you just saying it to passers-by, whenever you could. Heh.


    By Blogger Lisa, at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home