Wednesday, September 28, 2011

internal dialogue

8:00 AM

the grown-up side of my brain: It's going to be a super hot* day, you should probably get an early start on those errands you need to run

the other 90% of my brain: But... couch. And... internet

9:45 AM

the grown-up side of my brain: Seriously, you should take a shower and get some shit done

the other 90% of my brain: I know, but... couch. And... internet

10:30 AM

the grown-up side of my brain: Okay, you can forgo the shower if you wear makeup and put your hair up in a clip, but you should really go run your errands now before it gets hot

the other 90% of my brain: okay, but... couch. And... internet

12:00 PM

the grown-up side of my brain: Could you at least do a load of laundry or maybe wash last night's dinner dishes?

the other 90% of my brain: But... couch. And... internet

1:00 PM

the grown-up side of my brain: Would it kill you to toss last night's dishes in the dishwasher and start it?

the other 90% of my brain: I don't think so, but do I really want to chance it? And have I mentioned the couch and the internet?

1:25 PM

the grown-up side of my brain: You do realize that you haven't even defrosted anything for dinner, right? If you go to the grocery store now, in addition to the stuff you need, you could also get stuff for a salad and a salad means you don't have to cook anything and can keep the house cooler

the other 90% of my brain: fiiiiiiiine. I'm just going to take a quick nap first


* "super hot" being a relative term, it's supposed to be in the low 80s, but for here, and for someone who loves cold weather, that's hot.

Labels: ,

1 comment(s):

  • DUDE! Exactly why I love cold weather. I can get shit done. Hot weather sucks the life out of me. I am already agoraphobic, thanks a lot HEAT!

    I totally ran my errands early this morning planning on beating the heat, and luckily the fabulous fog stayed all day. I only had to sweat a little when we went to SLO for an appt. this afternoon. Phew!!


    By Blogger Giggly, at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home