Friday, June 28, 2013

I have never been happier to receive an Amazon package than I was to get this one


Was it a movie? A CD? Cute underwear?

Nope, none of that, it was vitamins.

Vitamins?

Yes, vitamins.

For the last 3 months (or so) I've complained to my shrink that I'm still depressed and meds and exercise and a sunshine-simulating lamp aren't doing a much since I still spend most of my time sleeping, wishing I were sleeping or calculating how long it will be until I can be asleep. The doc finally ordered some blood work and it came back this week all perfect except for a double genetic mutation.

Not even gonna lie, I was a little bit excited about being told that I'm a genetic mutant. Like, when do I get my class schedule for Xavier Institute for Higher Learning? And where do I find one of those spandex unitards?

Unfortunately, it turns out that I don't get to be a shapeshifter or control the weather, the only superpower I get is that my body is unable to properly process or utilize folic acid and vitamin B-12. So I need fancy, science-y vitamins that are a little bit spendy, but you know what? I'm worth it.
Not to sound like a commercial or anything, but if you're a crazy person like I am and your meds aren't working as well as they should, you should get your MTHFR checked out. And you should refer to it as the MOTHERFUCKER gene because it kind of is. (Seriously, though, the science behind this is new-ish, but it's been linked to all kinds of shitty stuff like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, autism, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, migraines, strokes, and a bunch of other gross stuff. Google it, research it, talk to your doctor about it)

Labels: ,

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home