Monday, December 13, 2004

I stole this from Trish who stole it from Jenny, so we're still keeping it within our incestuous little circle...

A) First, recommend to me:

1. a movie.
2. a book.
3. a musical artist, song, or album.

B) Ask me three questions. Ask me anything you want.

C) Go to your blog (if you have one), copy and paste this, and allow everyone to ask you anything.

12 comment(s):

  • A) 1. Spirited Away. You may have already seen it because I'm almost certain I was the last person on the planet who hadn't already, but if you haven't... it freakin' rocks.
    2. The Famished Road by Ben Okri.
    3. I'm currently recommending Hepcat to everyone. They don't just rock, they be-bop!

    B) 1. Besides your sister, with which blogger on your favorites list are you most likely to get into a fist fight with, and why?
    2. Who would win?
    3. Besides your sister, with which blogger on your favorites list are you most likely to stay up all night playing video games and drinking grain alcohol, and why? (or whatever)


    By Blogger Trish, at 2:51 AM  

  • Movie - I thoroughly enjoyed A Life Less Ordinary, which no one else likes.

    Book - Neuromancer, By William Gibson. It's Sci-Fi, but it's goooood Sci-Fi. In its defense, I don't even like most Sci-Fi.

    Music - Tom McRae, any album. There are only 2.

    Questions?
    1) Where does the time go?
    2) Do you think I can come up with 1 more question before I have to go to work?
    3) Did you guess right?


    By Blogger Michael, at 7:50 AM  

  • sheesh, I didn't actually expect anyone to do it...

    Trish -
    I have never seen "Spirited Away", or read the book you suggested, but I do truly love Hepcat
    1) that's tough - maybe Paul, that canadian guy, mostly because he's canadian and, frankly, just a little weird
    2) I would probably win because I used to own a Billy Blanks tae bo video... (oh, and because Paul probably wouldn't hit a girl)
    3) Probably you or Jennifer from London Calling - I could see us getting into some serious trouble in Vegas together


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:15 AM  

  • And now, Jenny - I love the Italian Job, it makes me want a Mini Cooper... and Mark Wahlberg naked (not necessarily in that order) - and I loved White Oleander (the book was so much better than the movie) and I've never heard of Deb Talan, but I plan to check her out

    1) Desperate Housewives, House, American Idol (I'm so ashamed), the O.C. (so ashamed) Dead Like Me, and the Sopranos (you know, in 2034 when it comes back on)
    2)Depends on my mood, but I can definitely rock a hershey bar with almonds in it - Generally almonds are the only nuts in my chocolate - and as a side note, fruit has no place in chocolate
    3) I know it would seem ironic, what with me living in Arizona, but I would rather be cold - I love to get all snuggly and drink hot cocoa, I look good in sweaters, and when you're hot, there's only so much you can take off and still be somewhat decent.


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:20 AM  

  • and Michael -
    In spite of my dislike of Cameron Diaz, I liked A life less Ordinary, but I have never heard of your other recommendations

    1) Boca Raton... oh wait, that's the answer to Where do the old people go? whatever, same difference
    2) probably not, I hate coming up with those questions
    3) Dammit, foiled again


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:22 AM  

  • ok...
    Movie: Big Fish...looove Albert Finney...as the big fish.
    Book: Mystic River by Dennis Lehane...the book is better than the movie
    Music: Scissor Sisters...fun, silly dancing music.

    Questions:
    1. Name one thing you love, that's not really good for you.
    2. Name your favorite body part on your own body.
    3. Are you tickelish?


    By Blogger Chick, at 9:35 AM  

  • I LOVED Big Fish, it was so good! And I saw the movie of Mystic River and it made me uncomfortable - I hope the book is better - And I love Scissor Sisters - saw them on SNL last weekend, they were good, but just a little creepy...

    and
    1) butter, mmmm butter - real butter, not that manufactured crap - I love cooking and I have to use real butter - If I keep up at this pace, I will no longer need a cholesterol test, I will just be a solid
    2) my lips - they are kind of big and I hated them in high school, but now, I've grown into them, literally and figuratively
    3) So very ticklish - especially my ankles - my ankles, wtf is that about?


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 9:50 AM  

  • I've heard that Coffee & Cigs is cool, must check it out - after reading Memoirs of a Geisha I went out and purchased a kimono inspired shirt that I've never worn and who doesn't love Garbage?

    1) No, I'm not the party throwing kind of girl (yes, I'm aware that's not what you meant, I'm being coy today)
    2) No, but the holiday season is still young, so we'll see
    3) Hmmm... let me think... yes, it was in high school, his name was David and he was 2 years younger than me - he was cute, but terribly immature, I didn't even really like him, I just really disliked his girlfriend - then I broke up with him (a week later) and he started to get back together with her, then I got back together with him just to spite her - her name was Deena and she didn't stand a chance - HA


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 11:16 AM  

  • movie: Butterfly effect (director's cut). Hate Kutcher, but awesome movie.

    book: green, grass, grace. Only book I've ever laughed out loud in a crowd of people to.

    music: nirvana's box set

    What color is your hair?
    what color is your underwear?
    what color is under your fingernails?


    By Blogger Tim, at 2:35 PM  

  • tim - weird, when I first looked at your comment, I thought it said something about the Butterfly Defect - But I saw it and I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it - maybe it's because of stupid Ashton Kutcher.
    never heard of that book, but I truly, truly adore Nirvana (I remember exactly where I was when I heard about Kurt - does anyone else or am I just a complete goober)
    1) currently, dark brown with chunky, brassy streaks (on purpose)
    2) currently, leopard print - they really are, i'm not just saying that to sound slutty
    3) under my fingernails all you can see is fuschia, the color that is on top of my nails


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 2:48 PM  

  • and kitty - i need to see spirited away AND princess mononucleosis - and I've been meaning to pick up that book, I see it all the time, but I can't remember why I haven't bought it yet. And I love Elliot Smith!

    1) approximately 3 cubic meters
    2) I will see the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie - partly because of Johnny, partly because I have a 5 year old, and partly because I have to see what they've done with it (I will still love the original more - no matter what - don't tell Johnny)
    3) Pink, definitely, but I've been known to rock the purple every once in a while


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 2:55 PM  

  • movie: Spirited Away (seriously, amy, it's really good, I saw it in the theater...and on DVD...and again on DVD)
    book: Dalai Lama's "The Art of Happiness"
    musical artist: The Streets

    Question 1: If you were a super hero...what would be your super power?
    Question 2: Do you think your mother is insane?
    Question 3: Would you like cheese on your chili?


    By Blogger Jootastic, at 6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home