Monday, December 13, 2004

most painful part of last friday's company holiday party

being serenaded by the IT boy

oh sure, it sounds innocuous and maybe even a little sweet, doesn't it? but wait until I tell you that he was singing "friends in low places" and see how you feel about it then.

I was so disappointed that he knew the words, and wasn't shy about belting them out in public that I had to scoot my chair at least three feet away from him and inform him that he was "dead to me". He didn't do much to improve his standing when he was showing off his country line dancing moves. For a self-proclaimed hater of both country and western music, he sure seemed comfortable with the culture.

But the secret to surviving office parties is definitely alcohol (mmmmm, Apple Pucker) - but the secret to the alcohol is finding the ideal balance between office-party-appropriate-drunk and yeah-karaoke-sounds-like-a-great-idea-drunk (it's a fine line)

Labels:

4 comment(s):

  • Count your blessings.
    My office holiday party is dry.
    Not a drop of booze in sight.
    *sigh*


    By Blogger Suzanne, at 7:49 PM  

  • I have to admit that there were a select few of us who snuck in our own libations in those cute little airline bottles (there was rumored to be a bar somewhere, but I'm not paying $7 for an American beer)- It was like high school again - Oh, and then the CEO got totally toasted and sprung for tequila shots for everyone - rock on

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:28 PM  

  • Knowing where to draw the line drinking at an office party is a good thing. I once worked with a super nice quiet guy, xmas came along, I asked him if he was going to the party, he said no, he didnt do xmas parties. I found out later that the year before, his wife threw up in his bosses wifes purse. Lol...I don't think I could go back either.

    By Blogger Mia, at 6:06 AM  

  • luckily this is wisconsin and there is no such thing as a 'dry-party'.

    last year, our company took a bus to a comedy club. and we were all pretty hammered by the time we got there. once it was all over and done, i was so drunk i refused to get back on the bus. apparently it had something to do with the bumps. yea, way to go me. its also been said i went to another party after and made a few enemies. guess i didnt know there was a line. or i thought maybe i could stuff the line into my baileys on the rocks and drink that too.

    hooray for christmas parties in wisconsin. who knew realtors drank so much without thier pinkies in the air.


    By Blogger kate., at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home