Monday, February 28, 2005

Cover me

I can't explain why, but I love cover versions of songs - even if it's a song that I didn't originally like all that much, to hear a cool band do a cover makes me just about giddy. Hearing Reel Big Fish cover "Take On Me", or Goldfinger do "Just Like Heaven", or JD Natasha cover that insufferable Outkast song "Hey Ya", or the entire "50 First Dates" Soundtrack (except, of course, that Adam Sandler song - meh) make me a happy, happy girl. And don't even get me started on Mike's version of "Baby, one more time" or "Criminal (Mike rocks).

You may be wondering why I'm telling you all of this (hell, you probably wonder why I yammer on about half the stuff I yammer on about) - this is the reason - click on the picture, listen to the song and try not to love the version as much as I do - because I love it so much that it makes me feel a little dirty

7 comment(s):

  • I don't love it.

    ok, you got me. I love it.


    By Blogger Tim, at 8:09 AM  

  • so good! you should check out "freedom of choice" - it's a pro-choice benefit compilation that came out in like '92 of (mostly)grunge bands covering new wave songs. it's amazing!

    By Blogger tigerita, at 8:49 AM  

  • Oh SHIT! It's better than the original! Which isn't atsretch for me to say since I loath Britney.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • http://coverville.com/

    and

    http://www.coversproject.com/

    will soon be your best friends.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:02 PM  

  • Meh, sometimes it bugs me when bands cover the same pop songs they make fun of. Like wearing ironic shirts or trucker hats.

    Anyway, I think Michael Gum's cover is much better. If you want a copy of it, IM me sometime and I'll send it to you. The bad vocals make it so much better.

    Also, check out the "Copy, Right?" link on my blog. It's an mp3 blog for covers.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 PM  

  • I looooooooove hard rock or punk covers of songs. Goldfinger's "99 red balloons", or Dope's "you spin me" make me all happy and drooly. that's right. drooly.

    By Blogger asyl076, at 5:56 PM  

  • I like it. And speaking of covers... what about the best cover band of all time: Me First and the Gimme Gimmes?!

    By Blogger Trish, at 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home