Friday, February 25, 2005

I bought 5 of these plates today - not because we need more dinner plates (in fact, our cabinet is all full up) but because they are so disturbingly tacky-retro I couldn't stand not to buy them. Oh, and the pattern is named "Maria" - personally, I think they look more like a "Jacqueline", but what do I know?

Now, if anyone can point me in the right direction to get a marigold colored refrigerator and some frost blue eyeshadow, I'll put on a Mrs Roper* dress and we can have one hell of a swingin' dinner party.



*If you don't get that reference, you're entirely too young to be reading my blog - just stop, okay?

7 comment(s):

  • come and dance on our floor....
    we've been waiting for you...

    such a great reference! all hail the god cate! will you be the mother of my children? come onnnnnnnn, let me put a baby in that!


    By Blogger Phillip, at 4:28 PM  

  • To clear this all up (and yes, I googled it):

    Come and knock on our door,
    (Come and knock on our door)
    We've been waiting for you.
    (We've been waiting for you)
    Where the kisses are hers and hers and his
    Three's company too.

    Come and dance on our floor,
    (Come and dance on our floor)
    Take a step that is new.
    (Take a step that is new)
    We've a loveable space that needs your face
    Three's company too.

    You'll see that life is a ball again,
    Laughter is calling for you-.
    Down at our rendezvous
    (Down at our rendezvous)
    Three's company too.
    Down at our rendezvous
    (Down at our rendezvous)


    heh


    By Blogger angie, at 6:34 PM  

  • Thanks for saving me the time of looking it up for me, Ang

    And I had no idea it said "down at our rendezvous" - I always sang "dondey dah rendezvous"... um, because that made much more sense, right?


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 7:52 PM  

  • if nothing else, it sounds "foreign".

    i blame a lot of my incoherent babbling on being bilingual.


    By Blogger angie, at 10:09 PM  

  • Believe it or not, we used to have putrid green kitchen appliances. I remember that refrigerator and stove...I didn't understand why the new fridge one we got later on in my life was white. Green was so much spunkier. And didn't show wear and tear as much. Man. Being a child from the 70s rocks.

    By Blogger Roonie, at 10:14 PM  

  • love that song... but i could pass on the ropers.. furleys ruled that place!

    By Blogger mcgibfried, at 11:42 AM  

  • I, personally, think that towels makes more sense than kisses - but that's just me

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home