Monday, May 05, 2008

Every time any phone in the house rings, one of my dogs leaps off the couch to run for it - is he expecting a call?

I mean, I get him jumping up when the doorbell rings, that's kind of his job, but the phone? Why?


~~~~~~~


In other news, my husband is totally not smarter than a third grader - for reals. The other night, I was explaining to him that, at the farm, the hens and roosters aren't spayed or neutered, so we have to collect the eggs every day in case any of the eggs are fertilized because, baby chicks are cute, but the farm doesn't need more mouths to feed, you know?

My husband looks confused and says "how would the eggs hatch without an incubator?"

me: *pause* blink blink *pause* "that's what the chicken's butt is for. Duh."

I relate the story to my kid just to see what he's got to say. He rolls his eyes and says "The chickens do that. Duh."

~~~~~~~~


In other, other news, did you know that if you were interested in having chickens of your own, you could totally buy fertilized eggs off of eBay? Of course you'd have to provide your own chicken butt or incubator in order to get them to hatch, but... how weird is that? Is there anything you can't get on eBay?

Labels:

2 comment(s):

  • Is there anything you can't get on eBay?

    Nazi memorabilia (if you're in France) and body parts ;)


    By Blogger filmgoerjuan, at 10:19 PM  

  • I once read an article saying that somebody had sold his soul on eBay. Evidently, he sent the buyer a piece of paper with the words 'My Soul' written on it.

    By Blogger Steph, at 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home