Wednesday, August 18, 2010

all the colors of Fall

so this is what my hair looks like right now (five minutes ago, whatever)
please ignore the worst French braid EVER - I was raised by wolves and never taught to do it properly. Also, please ignore my baggy t-shirt and pasty white skin (not like I live twenty minutes from the beach or anything, right?).


And while I'm kind of getting used to the two-tone-ed-ness of it, it still feels so transitional, like I'm in follicular limbo.

And I hate being in between - as weird and temporary as things are in the world, I like things to be clearly labeled, I like the stability of the designations - friend or acquaintance, truth or lie, happy or sad, clean or dirty, brown or orange...

So I think I might be going full orange... red, whatever. Maybe that's what's been wrong lately, my hair is too pending for me to feel balanced.

Labels:

2 comment(s):

  • When you said your hair (or parts of it) was orange, I have to admit I was picturing something...unpleasant. But that? That's pretty close to my natural shade of red!

    Not a bad color if I say so myself. ;-)


    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:04 PM  

  • Color and braid: hot and hot. Well played.

    By Blogger Betsy Yates, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home