Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In a Venn Diagram of music, The Kid and I would have a bit of overlap in some places. One of those places is Kanye West - sometimes this is a great set up for awesome jokes shitty parenting.

The Kid: how come the dentist is called doctor if he's just a dentist?

Me: he's a doctor of dental surgery, that's the DDS after his name. Or he could have a Ph. D.

The Kid snickers in that way specific to 11-year-old boys when they think something is dirty and I know his first thought is a line from Kanye West's song "Breathe In, Breathe Out", in which he says "even though I went to college and dropped out pretty quick, I always had a Ph. D: a Pretty Huge Dick"

Me (in a scolding parental tone): Not the same way Kanye West has a Ph. D

The Kid snickers again, then his face turns serious: How do you know?

I raise my eyebrows at him and I see his mind race to Kanye's last single, "Runaway"* which has the line "I sent this girl a picture of my dick" as a look of horror takes over.

Me: Kidding. I have received no such email from Mr. West**



also, no, I don't police The Kid's musical choices all that much - that's another of those pick-your-battles things, you know?

* also, in case you were wondering, the new Kanye cd is brilliant. About 90 bajillion times better than the last one.

** although, thanks to the internet, I have seen it and... dude wasn't lying, okay? Still, when the hell will celebrities (and everyone else) learn to stop sending n00d pix to people? There is at least a 62% chance it's going to be seen by someone other than the person to whom you're intending to show your goodies - why take the chance?

Labels: ,

1 comment(s):

  • which is why I don't take nakid pictures. No, I'm not famous, but you never know.

    By Blogger Ginamonster, at 9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home