Saturday, November 20, 2010

Nothing here looks comfortable


Okay, girls of the world, can we agree on a few things?


1) None of us are defined by that little number on that little tag inside our clothes... okay, supermodels are, but they're compensated for it, so whatever.

2) When we're wearing out clothes, no one can see that little number on that little tag, so it doesn't really matter what that number says.

3) Just because you can squeeze into a particular size doesn't mean that particular size is the correct one for you - if all of your clothes leave you with angry red indentations on your skin for hours after you take them off, you might want to consider a different size - just so you can breathe.

4) I don't care how cute the outfit looks when you're posing for five seconds in front of your mirror at home, if you have to hold that pose all day or spend the entire day tugging and smoothing the outfit, it's no longer cute.

and, perhaps most importantly

5) Boobs are great, the least you can do for them is put them in the correct size bra.

Let me be clear when I say this isn't a criticism of body sizes - I'm in no position to call anyone chubby - I read some quote from Kate Moss about how nothing tastes as good as thin feels, but I'm guessing her taste buds have been killed by years of smoking or she's never eaten anything made with real butter, because come on - I just don't understand why someone would want to look like this:


when there are other options available.

Labels: , ,

2 comment(s):

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger Steph, at 10:03 PM  

  • I'm a full-figured chica, and nothing disturbs me more than seeing other larger ladies crammed into clothes that simply do not fit. It perpetuates the myth that we, the plus-sized, are all a bunch of slobs who don't care about our appearance. So I totally get where you're coming from and agree!

    By Blogger Steph, at 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home