Monday, December 13, 2010

You know what's awesome?

When someone spams my photo blog with an "invitation" to read his Christian blog. Because, if you take half a second to check out any of my blogs, that TOTALLY seems like something I'd be in to.

Sidenote - how come it's only the born again Christians who get all pushy and gross about "sharing" their religion? Pretty sure I've never once seen Jewish or Hindu people get all douchey like that.

Labels:

6 comment(s):

  • I got my hands spanked by a blog reader when I wrote that I saw a sign that said "Fall in love... with Jesus" and thought it was creepy/funny. A woman commented that you CAN fall in love with Jesus, but apparently I would not understand because I hadn't experienced God's love (ersomethingerother)... Douchey indeed.

    By Blogger Steph, at 8:13 PM  

  • EXACTLY!!! But you could go on and on about whether it's spelled Hanukkah or Chanukkah or Chaka Khan or Chewbacca and you wouldn't get any flak from anyone. Or you could be like "Damn, Hindus, maybe narrow it down to the top ten gods or something, would you?" and you wouldn't get picketed or anything.

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:26 PM  

  • Those born again Christians are constantly being preached at that they aren't fulfilling their Christian duty if they aren't shoving their religion down everyone else's throats. This is one thing that bugs me about religion--the arrogant "I know what I believe is the only truth and it's what's best for you and the whole rest of the world if you would just listen..." Obnoxious!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 7:09 AM  

  • exactly! Why can't everyone believe in their own personal way?

    What was it Gandhi said? "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ"


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:34 AM  

  • Ooooh, I got one of those yesterday. I think I'm going to stalk him and frappe him about the ears with his bible.

    By Blogger Barb Black, at 8:42 AM  

  • if it was the same guy as mine, the Bible IS his favorite book - so you'd be doing him a favor...

    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home