Thursday, August 26, 2010

In the dictionary, next to the word "altruism" there is probably a picture of me*

1) yesterday's equation of too much sun plus too little sunblock plus cute tank top equaled today's bright pink shoulders. Like any normal person, I spent today in a tube top, slathered liberally in my favorite coconut lime lotion. This evening, however, I have to attend a Back to School thing for The Kid and I have to meet a new teacher and new principal and, instead of them thinking of him as the student with the scruffy, sunburnt, tattooed mom, I am sacrificing my comfort by wearing a bra and a t-shirt.

2) My Mormon friend's daughter is getting married tomorrow - of course, I can't go to the wedding because I don't know the LDS handshake - (which is fine, I kind of hate weddings anyway) but I've agreed to go to the reception on Saturday even though I will a) have to wear a dress and b) most likely not be getting any booze there.

Could I be more of a giver?


*hopefully not from today because my hair is so not cute

Labels:

2 comment(s):

  • Is there photographic evidence of you in said tube top? Not being creepy. Just don't believe you.

    By Blogger Betsy Yates, at 8:28 PM  

  • it's not like I was sitting around in my 70s tube top and dolphin shorts - it's just a strapless flowered top that's tube-top-y at the top and flowy at the bottom.

    But am a little sad that you're not being creepy.


    By Blogger Veruca Salt, at 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home