Saturday, September 29, 2012

Yesterday, right in the middle of rush hour time, we happened to be driving home from getting something to eat at a time capsule from the 1970s*.

him: ugh, I really don't want to get on the freeway

me: look, the next street is [some street], you can just take it all the way to [street near our house]

him (skeptically): does it go all the way through to [street near our house]?

me (confidently): sure

he gets out of the freeway turn lane and turns down the street I suggested.

him: do you know for sure that this street goes all the way through?

me: how long have you known me? I can barely find the end of the driveway without GPS, why would you take my word on something like that?**




*I am not even kidding, I'm pretty sure nothing in this restaurant has been updated or changed in 30-40 years, booths, counter seats, wood paneling on the walls, thrift store art on the walls - great barbecue and there is something

** turns out that particular street didn't go straight through to the street I thought, but it curved around and we ended up on another street by our house. Problem solved! (but seriously, never ask me for directions)

Labels:

0 comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home